Ewa JuszczykAssociate Director
In addition to providing opportunities for physical activity, open spaces located in communities provide economic benefits to residents, municipal governments and private real estate developers. This session will discuss the importance of open space and the design strategies and solutions that should be considered.
- Gain an understanding of how open public spaces can serve as an anchor for revitalizing neighbourhoods and increase the value of residential property
- Learn how a well-planned green space in a community can increase sustainability and benefit the environment
- Discover design and shading strategies that should be considered when planning open spaces in Middle Eastern communities
11:45 AM The urban community experience
The user experience should be at the heart of the community planning and development.
This session compares good urban community master plans and how they have utilised urban space, event plazas and community green space to enhance user experience.
Discover how, The Beach, The City Walk 2 and Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak Park have been developed to offer unique urban community experiences
Urban communities have a large number of critical systems that need to be maintained to ensure longevity and optimum performance of its building and its assets. This session demonstrates how effective residential maintenance provides good living standards to residents and is crucial to the community brand reputation and rental and property value
- Discuss the importance of clear clarification of roles and responsibilities of community maintenance to ensure that all areas are covered across the community
- Analysing policies that can be used to promote efficient maintenance through the community to ensure clean, healthy environments that protect community value
- Understand the importance of educating community residents on maintenance and highlighting the consequences if these rules are not followed